Can a diabetic eat Cardamom?
Cardamom is a popular spice that is widely believed to have few antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Another helpful fact about cardamom is that they have hypolipidemic effect and can help regulate cholesterol levels. Some studies suggest cardamom can also help regulate blood sugar levels. A diabetic can eat cardamom to reap wide range of health benefits. All these suggested health benefits of cardamom may become areas of large-scale investigations in future to scientifically prove the benefits of cardamom for diabetics.
Does cardamom raise blood sugar?
No, cardamom consumed in any form does not raise blood sugar levels. On the other hand, people widely believe cardamom can help regulate blood sugar levels and blood cholesterol. To be specific, some studies suggest, cardamom when consumed in powder form is most effective in lowering blood sugar levels.
What are the benefits of Cardamom?
- Cardamom improves your digestion in multiple ways. Though cardamom is popularly known as a spice, it has a cooling effect on your tummy. Many people eat a green cardamom or a white cardamom whole to get relief from acidity, nausea, bloating, inflammation, spasms, stomach pain, indigestion etc. Cardamom can also act as a laxative at times.
- Owing to its diuretic properties, cardamom can act as a detoxifier. Including cardamom in your diet can help clean out kidneys, urinary bladder, urinary tract by removing toxins, excess salt or water and other waste. Thereby cardamom can also help prevent infections.
- Cardamom can help improve health in many ways owing to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
- You can fight off bad breath problems with cardamom. By slowly chewing 2-3 cardamoms daily, you can have fresh breath that always smells gorgeous. For this great flavour and refreshing aroma, cardamom is widely sued in tea and desserts.
- Cardamom can act as a skin purifier. Including cardamom in your diet can help heal skin problems, clear out blemishes and give you a clean, well-toned skin and fairly improved complexion.
- For people having problems with sleep, cardamom can help a lot. Many people find inhaling the aroma of cardamom helps fight restlessness, anxiety and insomnia.
- Cardamom can help weight loss. Being a good digestive stimulant and diuretic, cardamom can improve metabolism and help burn excess body fat. In addition, cardamom helps fight constipation, indigestion and water retention, all of which can help lose weight.